PrJSC «Severodonetsk Azot Association» is an industrial giant with a great history
The fifties: chemical plant foundation
PrJSC «Severodonetsk Azot Association» was originally known as Lysychansk chemical plant. The future industrial giant was built on the left bank of the Severskyy Donets opposite Lysychansk. The enterprise had to manufacture its first products in 1941 but the war destroyed the plans. In the postwar period the chemical plant was constructed from the start. The enterprise was put into operation on 16 February, 1951. The same year the industrial community Lyschimstroy became Severodonetsk city.
The sixties: enterprise development
The city forming plant produced only non concentrated nitric acid and ammonium nitrate at the beginning. But the manufacturing process developed at high tempo and soon the enterprise became the multiproduct one. In 1966 PrJSC «Severodonetsk Azot Association» team was awarded the Order of Lenin for their exceptional labor achievements. In the future the plant keeps the leading position in the industry.
Employees' labor achievements
Leading employees of “Severodonetsk Azot Association” Ivan Hladkyy, Viktor Hohin, Valeriy Ehorov and Aleksandr Verkhovod are the Heroes of Socialist Labor. The four streets in Severodonetsk are named after these outstanding people. More than 500 leader and innovators employees were awarded orders. All the stages of PrJSC “Severodonetsk Azot Association” formation and development as well as its today’s life are brightly represented at “Azot” History People’s museum. A lot of books, films and scientific studies are dedicated to the enterprise’s labor achievements.
Period of 2000s: integration in the leading industrial group
In 2011 PrJSC «Severodonetsk Azot Association» joined OSTCHEM Group DF. Since then the fixed assets renovation and production facilities modernization have been actively realized. Becoming a part of OSTCHEM enterprise discovered its potential and increased the production capacities.